The Carnival of Beauty was started by Sallie near the end of 2005. For over a year she sponsored the Carnival of Beauty which is hosted by a different Christian woman each week. In the spring of 2007, Sallie passed on the sponsorship of the Carnival of Beauty to me here at following an unknown path.
Please join us as we seek to glorify Christ in our writing!
What is the purpose of the Carnival of Beauty?
1. Encourage women by reflecting the beauty of Christ in our writing.
2. Meet women online who cherish the beauty of Christ that we might not have met otherwise.
Who can participate?
Any Christian woman can participate as long as she falls under these guidelines:
- Is in personal agreement with the following statement: I believe in the Godhead of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Holy Bible. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God and my only means for the forgiveness of my sins and my salvation. My salvation is found in no one but Jesus Christ.
- Is not a Mormon, Jehovah’s Witness, or Seventh Day Adventist.
- Does not promote the emergent conversation/movement on her blog.
- Does not promote theological distinctives in her Carnival post so as to refrain from controversial debate.
What do we write about?
January 3: The Beauty of A New Year
January 10: The Beauty of Christ
January 17: The Beauty of Bread
January 24: The Beauty of Mary and Martha
January 31: The Beauty of Chariots of Fire
February 7: The Beauty of Creativity
February 14: The Beauty of Innocence
February 21: The Beauty of Isaiah
February 28: The Beauty of Red
March 7: The Beauty of Saul/Paul
March 14: The Beauty of Fragrance
March 21: The Beauty of Photographs
March 28: The Beauty of Being Made in the Image of God
April 4: The Beauty of the Resurrection
April 11: The Beauty of Femininity
April 18: The Beauty of God’s Provision
April 25: The Beauty of Patience
May 2: The Beauty of Flowers
May 9: The Beauty of the Holy Spirit
May 16: The Beauty of Sunshine
May 23: The Beauty of Sacrifice
May 30: The Beauty of Esther
June 6: The Beauty of Strong Men
June 13: The Beauty of Truth
June 20: The Beauty of Babies
June 27: The Beauty of Humility
July 6: The Beauty of . . .
July 13: The Beauty of Summer
July 20: The Beauty of Grace
July 27: The Beauty of Play
August 3: The Beauty of (free)
August 10: The Beauty of The Lord's Day
August 17: The Beauty of Prayer
(a dusty frame)
August 24: The Beauty of Change
(Ashley @ twentysixcats.com)
August 31:The Beauty of Learning
(Bethany @ A Picturesque Life)
September 7: The Beauty of (free)
(Anna @ Little Soul, Big World)
September 14: The Beauty of Autumn
(Ashley @ twentysixcats.com)
September 21: The Beauty of Discipline
(Blair @ Scribblings by Blair)
September 28: The Beauty of Hope
(Sara @ Stones of Remembrance)
Nov 2: The Beauty of Kindness by OPEN
Nov 9: The Beauty of Goodness by Blair
Nov 16: The Beauty of Faithfulness by Sara
Nov 23: The Beauty of Gentleness by Susanna
Nov 30: The Beauty of Self-Control by OPEN
The hostess will announce the Carnival pieces on Friday. Your entry should be a newly written piece, published the week of the Carnival.
Although the goal is about promoting the beauty of Christ, the piece does not have to be explicitly about Christ. It can be about family matters, home life, children, marriage, creation, friendship, cooking, homemaking, hobbies, etc. Anything that reflects the beauty of Christ and fits the topic.
How do I submit a piece to the Carnival?
Send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the following information:
1. Your first name
2. The name of your blog with the link
3. The name of your piece with the link
4. A brief one or two sentence description of your piece that will be in the listing of the Carnival submissions.
5. Send your submission on or before Thursday by the deadline the hostess sets.
What else do I have to do to participate?
- On Friday, remind your readers that it is Carnival day and provide a link to that week’s hostess.
- If you would like to use the Carnival of Beauty logo on your blog, feel free to do so. If you would link it back to this main Carnival of Beauty page, I would appreciate it. If you would like a logo already coded, please email me.
- You do not have to participate every week to be a part of the Carnival. Submit pieces as you are able.
- Feel free to join our Carnival of Beauty Google Group. You can get email announcements about hosting and reminders of upcoming carnival info.
Subscribe to Carnival of Beauty
Visit this group
How do I host a Carnival?
- On Monday of the week you are hosting, please post a message that lets people know (a) you are hosting, (b) how to submit a post, (c) set the time deadline for when you stop accepting submissions on Thursday. Also feel free to email the google group during the week to send a reminder about the CoB.
- On Monday, please email me--amanda--and let me know which email address I should forward the Carnival.email@example.com emails too.
- When you receive a submission, it is nice to let the blogger know you received her entry.
- In the past, the CoB hostesses have listed the posts in the order received with their own post last. Let's continue this tradition.
- Feel free to adjust someone's description if needed; also, writing all entries in third person makes the CoB sound more consistent.
- Also, please feel free to be creative and add your own personal touch to the CoB.
- If you have any questions about the appropriateness of a submission and/or blog/author, do not hesitate to contact me.
- On Friday, publish the CoB! :) Email the google group to let us all know that the CoB is up and ready to be read.
- Continue to send recommendations for topics as they come to mind.
- It is nice if we take the time to leave a comment and thank the hostess each week.
- Enjoy the beautiful writing we are all sure to discover!