Well, I am "back home." I am now back in Taiwan after nearly two weeks in Thailand.
This winter vacation has seemed more like summer vacation with all my time spent at the beach in the past month. But, trust me--I am NOT complaining. It has been great.
Here are some things I did for the first time:
- snorkeled in the Gulf of Thailand,
- got stung by jellyfish,
- created a new “avoid the scary but beautiful black sea urchins” dance,
- rode an elephant thru the jungle and while he walked underwater down a river (yes he was mostly underwater; being on his back, I stayed dry),
- experienced how relaxing traditional Thai massages can be,
- rode in the back of several songthaews,
- enjoyed a green tea and almond blizzard from a Thai Dairy Queen,
- ate an entire orange in one bite (granted, it was mini-sized),
- fell in love with the scent of Plumeria in the evening air, and
- gazed upon the most breath-taking orange sunrises and sunsets ever.
Nevertheless, I really did not do much sight-seeing. Just enjoyed the beach, great company, and a few massages. :) I would like to go back to do some sightseeing and more trekking some day, but other countries need visiting as well. Hmmm . . . which one will it be?
Anywho, now that I have a great tan and am ready for summer vacation to start, the "spring semester" begins tomorrow. :) I am not sure I am ready for another 18 weeks of teaching; I kinda like vacation-mode.